Policies and Terms
- All new advertisers are required to pay a 100% deposit on insertion orders.
- Instructions regarding contracts, insertion orders, and cancellations must be made in writing.
- Advertising reservations cannot be cancelled after the ad reservation closing date, and companies will be billed regardless of whether the ad has run or not.
- All materials, including elements, copy and creative, are subject to the publisher’s approval. The publisher reserves the right to refuse any advertisement at any time that does not meet its standards.
- When space is contracted and no material instructions are received by the closing date, materials from a previous issue may be picked-up.
- Advertisers and advertising agencies assume liability for all content (text, representation, and illustrations) and for any claims against the publisher arising from such advertising.
- No ad position is guaranteed except for the specified pages.
- Production costs for ad materials are not included in advertising rates.
Material Return Policy
Materials will only be returned if the advertiser or agency requests return in writing with submission of materials.
File Format: EPS, PDF/X-1a:2001, INDD (All files should be CS5 or below)
Resolution: 300 dpi or above
Text: All fonts must be included or text must be outlined
Image: All images must be embedded
Color: CMYK or Grayscale process color only (RGB and/or spot color are not acceptable)
Print Mark: Registration, trim, and bleed marks must be placed.
Live material to be 0.25” from trim
2 page spreads must add 0.75” or 3/4” width for gutter allowance (only if spread contains a crossover image)
Two color proofs must be included
Please mail color proofs to below address:
Attn: Advertising Department
PacRim Marketing Group, Inc.
Ala Moana Pacific Center
1585 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 888, Honolulu, Hawaii 96814-4522 USA
Agency / Frequency Discounts
A 15% agency discount is given to recognized agencies on space and production charges. Appropriately supplied materials should be provided from legitimate agencies.
Related Cost Notes
Typesetting & artwork (camera-ready) are the responsibility of the advertiser.
- Changes to existing ads incur a minimum charge of $50.
- Additional charges for ads needing design work: Typesetting: $50/hr & up, Photo Manipulation: $100/hr & up, Layout Design: $100/hr & up
Deposit (for applicable media)
50% down payment for project completion required upon booking. The remainder balance due upon launch. Hawaii general excise tax of 4.712% will be added. All rates are subject to change. Rates are gross.