Media Communications & Japan Market Specialist (Assistant / Coordinator / Manager)
We are looking to immediately fill a Media Communications position, with special emphasis on the Japan market. There are opportunities for Assistant, Coordinator, Manager and above positions, with full-time hours and excellent benefits.
Responsibilities / Duties
This position is responsible for the marketing communications and PR programs of clients, focused on the Japan market. Responsibilities include the development of press releases, collateral, and social media content in Japanese, pitching Japanese media, and seeing opportunities into fruition by coordinating photo shoots, providing on-site representation during photo shoots, and proofing Japanese editorial content. This position maintains business relationships, with clients and media, and will strategize and execute marketing communications and PR programs. Other duties include event management, as well as other operational duties that include but are not limited to coordinating meetings and writing correspondence in both Japanese and English.
- Japanese native / business professional level verbal communications and written fluency
- Strong English writing and communications skills
- Bicultural understanding and passion of the Japan market and Hawaii / U.S.
- Experience, or interest in PR/marketing communications
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Reliable transportation
- Experience in social media and/or online marketing in Japanese language
- Ability to multi-task under compressed timelines and pressure
- Ad agency / PR agency experience (or relevant coursework / internships)